Supportive Care: We're Here For You
When a loved one is critically ill, the entire family is affected. California Hospital's Palliative Care team addresses the special needs of patients and families who are faced with a progressive, life-limiting health condition.
The Palliative Care Team consists of physicians, nurses, social workers, pharmacists and spiritual care providers who work with the patient's family and primary care physician to ensure a unified course of care.
Our Palliative Care team is dedicated to providing:
- Helping patients live as fully and as comfortably as possible
- Manage pain and symptoms through pharmaceutical and non-pharmaceutical treatment options
- Identify and relieve feelings of emotional stress, anxiety and / or depression that may occur throughout the grieving process
- Preserve the dignity of our patients
- Assist in the making of ethical decisions regarding medical care
- Address spiritual needs and concerns
- Identify community resources for additional support for caregivers
Access to Palliative Care
Palliative Care can be introduced any time during the course of hospital care. We recommend that patients consult with our Palliative Care team as soon as their condition is determined serious and life-limiting.